Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Where do I park?
We have special “Guest Parking” places reserved for you in front of the facilities between the two buildings that face Highway 120. Enter at the sign that says "Guests Enter Here," and there someone will greet you and help you get to where you need to go!
2. What is the worship service like?
We focus on making our Sunday Morning Worship Services Bible-Based, Christ-Centered, and Culturally-Connected. We desire to be a truly multi-ethnic, multi-generational congregation, and our Worship Services reflect that. Dr. Mark Hearn, our pastor, shares relevant messages from God’s Word. This is all done in a relaxed, friendly environment.
3. Do you have a Sunday Morning Bible Study for me?
Yes! First Baptist Church Duluth has a Bible Study for each member of the family, no matter the age- beginning at 9:30 a.m. Sunday Morning Bible Study is our main way to connect people with each other in small groups as they study the Bible.
- Adults – our greeters in at the Welcome Center will help you find a class for you.
- Student Ministry – meet on the third floor of the educational building and have age graded small groups where they learn to grow in their faith as well as build relationships and have fun.
- Children First through Fifth Grade – meet on our children’s hall where we provide creative graded Bible teaching that provides a balanced approach to central Bible concepts, essential Bible skills, and foundational Bible stories.
- Ages 1 year old through Kindergarten – meet in our Preschool Ministry Area where we focus on the development of spiritual formation in babies – kindergartners by utilizing age suitable Bible stories and teaching plans.
- Infants – infant care provided in the nursery located in the Preschool Ministry Area. Parents must check in their child and will receive a pager in the event that they are needed for their child.
4. What about my children during worship?
We have Kids Theater (Kids’ Worship) for Kindergarten through 5th grade – Children meet for an exciting time of learning. There they will learn (1) I need to make wise choices, (2) I can trust God no what and (3) I should treat others the way I want to be treated. Approximately halfway through the morning worship service, the children will be dismissed to go down to the Kids Theater for Kids Worship.
For Preschoolers our Extended Teaching Care (ETC) is the ministry of care and teaching to this age group during the 10:50 a.m. Worship Service. ETC is not babysitting, rather it is a teaching and learning session with age appropriate activities that helps preschoolers become increasingly aware of concepts of God, Jesus, Bible, church, self, family, others and the natural world.
Infant care is provided during all Sunday morning ministries. Parents must check their child in at the Infant Suite downstairs in the Preschool area. Parents are issued a pager to be used in the event that they are needed for their child.
5. When can I meet the Pastor?
The Pastor will be available in our International Grounds Cafe for our Church After-Party following the Worship Service to greet you. As our guest, we have a special gift for you at the reception.
6. How should I dress?
We encourage you to come as you are! It is our desire that you be comfortable while visiting us. However, if you are unsure, business casual tends to be the common dress standard.